Transition Planning for College

Transition Planning for College

The law recognizes that students with learning disabilities require specialized services, such as Disability Care in Pennsylvania, to help them smoothly transition into adulthood. These services will help them attain the skills and education they’ll need to succeed after high school.

The Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) requires parents to start transition planning as soon as the student with special needs turns 16.

Parents should make sure that the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for that year contains goals that improve the likelihood of further education, economic self-sufficiency, and independent living.

An easy way parents can start is to encourage their child to get familiar with their high school’s college and career resources as a freshman. Have them work with a guidance counselor to come up with a 4-year plan that includes Mental Health Care services and other assistance.

Parents can also collaborate with professionals, such as our experts at Diversified Supportive Services, to make the process much easier to accomplish.

As one of the reliable Home Healthcare Agencies in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we strive to provide our clients with high-quality services and educational resources.

To learn more about our programs or schedule an appointment with our office, give us a call, today!

This entry was posted in Planning For College and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *